Viking Collection called me today. They said it was a debt for "my name here" and they were collecting it. Never identified who the actual person was.

They told me they had the paperwork for months but had for some reason never contacted me. I told them that the account they are referencing was paid and closed over 4 years ago. He started getting rude and interrupting me saying that I am not being honest and if it really was closed to fax over the paperwork right now as after today they are taking highest legal action possible.

I told him to never contact me by phone again until you send me written proof of the debt and that you have the right to collect it. He refused to do so and said they have a bunch of times (yet he just said they had never contacted before) and I told him I am not discussing this issue further as it was paid off. He starts yelling at me and I tell him never to call again. He screams that he will keep calling back until I pay the debt off and they will take the highest legal action possible and then reads off the whole "this call might be recorded" and I hung up.

Ten seconds later he calls back from the same number and leaves a scrambled minute long voicemail. About 15 minutes past that he calls from a different number and once more.

I paid off this account in 2005 so they are obviously up to no good and obviously aren't acting in a professional or legal manner.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 03, 2010.

Comments

Vichy, Auvergne, France #192000

Started getting calls from them as well

beanieone

getting harssed by viking services didnt know how many other people were if i had a gun????? :(