Winnabow, North Carolina

On January 18, 2012, I called VCS to inform them that I needed to revoke my authorized automatic payment per their written instructions. I spoke with an employee named Mike who disregarded everything I was explaining to him regarding my current financial situation, insisting that we make a three way call to my elderly (80) mother in order for him to get her to pay this debt.

I said "absolutely not and since I have followed the directive in the letter sent, this conversation is over" and hung up. He immediately called me back and began a diatribe of vulgarity, "F*&^ you, you F&*$%ing B*^ch!!!" He then hung up on me.

I have emailed all superiors listed on their website and unless I get satisfactory and timely resolution I will pursue this with the FTC, FCC and hire a lawyer if need be.

This behavior and language are ILLEGAL under the FDCPA Laws 104 - 208, Section 806-2. I would suggest anyone dealing with collection agencies familiarize themslves with theses laws!!!!

Comments

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #590598

This is so bogus it's laughable....all calls are routinely screened and listened to by auditors from the client (the bank they collect for) and in-house personnel. Pay your debt and quit whining

All calls are monitored and recorded...

Nobody swore at YOU lol. Most likely you swore at them though, that's likely.

Viking Collection Service is one of the BETTER collection companies around. Very very clean record.

Nice try though.

I believe her. I DONT care if the calls are recorded.I lost a call one day, and the woman that I was speaking to called back, and cussed me out on my voice mail

Your story about being vulgar is such a lie...They record all phone calls...which now discredits your whole story....just pay your bills.